WEILBURGER Graphics buys Brazilian coating producer Heliocolor

Admin's picture

Submitted by Admin on Sun, 2015-02-22 17:38.

Press statement – for immediate release

WEILBURGER Graphics buys Brazilian coating producer Heliocolor

Gerhardshofen, 22nd February 2015 – The WEILBURGER Graphics GmbH based in Gerhardshofen, Franconia takes over the well-established Brazilian coating producer Heliocolor with immediate effect. The 5.000 square meters head office is located 25 km south of São Paulo in São Bernardo do Campo and has a great transport connection. The company has been established in the graphics industry as well as in floorcoating for more than twenty years and produces currently coatings with almost 30 employees. At present, the annual sales are approx. 2.000 tons, from that are 80 % water-based varnishes and the remaining 20 % are UV-, silicone-emulsion and epoxy-based lacquers. Maximum production capacity is currently approx. 6.000 tons per year.

Heliocolor belongs to the most recognized and important suppliers for coatings for the graphics industry in Brazil with a main focus on food packaging as well as high-quality coatings for the printing industry.

Günter Korbacher, Managing Director of WEILBURGER Graphics GmbH about the takeover: “Due to our good business contacts and sales figures in South America we had been looking for a suitable production facility for a long time. The company Heliocolor was our clear favorite for a takeover because everything fits perfectly together. On the one hand, Heliocolor produces on a comparable high and constant quality standard and on the other hand the corporate philosophy, general objectives and the whole production environment suit perfectly to WEILBURGER Graphics GmbH.” Günter Korbacher continues: “From our point of view, only the sales of UV-curing lacquers are still a bit too low at present, but we will quickly change that with our expertise and experience. Important for us is that production facilities and infrastructure are oriented on much greater capacities.”

It goes without saying that current customers of Heliocolor will still be completely supplied. The takeover proceeds seamlessly and the employees of Heliocolor are looking forward to future challenges.

Find more details: www.weilburger-graphics.de and www.heliocolor.com.br



Am Rosenbühl 5
91466 Gerhardshofen

Phone: +49 9163 9992-0
Fax: +49 9163 654


– END –


Download press-kit with language pack for GER, ENG, SPA, POL, POR and high-resolution images at http://www.weilburger-graphics.de/files/PR/WG_PR_Heliocolor.zip (42 MB).


Previous and new owners of Heliocolor after contract signing (left to right: Heinz Wimber, Manfred Stadtel, Managing Director of GREBE Corporate Services GmbH, Günter Korbacher, Managing Director of WEILBURGER Graphics GmbH, Flávio de Castro, Márcio Bertossi).


Premises of Brazilian Heliocolor.


About WEILBURGER Graphics GmbH

WEILBURGER Graphics GmbH is one the leaders in the field of print finishing for packaging, labels and job printing.

The company mainly produces for sheet-fed offset, head-set web offset and off-line coating, and for the screen printing, flexo gravure, narrow web and digital printing sectors. Its tailor-made products are available for the market segments involving packaging, labels and job printing. It also offers seminars and consultancy services.

WEILBURGER Graphics is a company of the GREBE Group, a medium-sized manufacturer of industrial coatings with twelve production facilities worldwide.





WG_PR_Heliocolor_ENG.doc732.5 KB
WG_PR_Heliocolor_ENG.pdf1.07 MB